Opening rant

Hello there......

I find myself increasingly frustrated by the stupidity around me day in and day out and so I have decided to add my little corner of spleen venting to the web.

It'll be a bit sweary from time to time so if you are of the shrinking violet persuasion then best give it a miss, it's also (probably) going to rip into a lot of things which are currently (and to me at least, unfathomably) popular, so if you like popular telly or 'celebs' who need their ego stroked to validate themselves, or just good ole fashioned arseholes......best give it a miss!

Do you have to agree with me......no, do I care if you hate what you read here......no, don't like it? Don't read it, last time I checked we still have freedom of choice, so exercise yours if you feel the need. Mercifully I don't require validation, chip in if you have something useful to add, otherwise go forth, I'm just here to vent, it makes me smile and you may get a giggle out of it too.

Oh......and if you've found your way here from our website but closed that window, then click here to get back there (if you want to that is, it's not compulsory).

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Another of those WTF moments

Add to the category of ‘you couldn’t make it up’……

A 33 year old father of 5 (and convicted burglar), is to argue in court that his 8 month sentence (4 for burglary and 4 for dangerous driving), “violates his right to respect for family life under article eight of the Human Rights Convention”, it gets better because he’s been granted legal aid, guess who’ll pick up the bill for that then.

Article eight covers “right to respect for private and family life” and his lawyers seem to think he has a good chance because under article eight the sentence appears to have a “disproportionate” effect on his family life……

Fuck me!!!! I know that for the most part I’ll be preaching to the converted already, but this country really needs to wake the fuck up before it’s too bloody late. I suppose that the actions of this twat had no effect on the human rights of his victims, if they did then that fact seems to have been swept under the carpet for the purposes of this case. This moron has joint custody so it’s not like his kids have no one to care for them, perhaps he needs to consider the effect his actions have on his family, he’s hardly what you’d call a role model, rather than try and leverage his way out of the consequences of his crimes using them.

Once again it seems that the human rights act does what it’s best at, protects the rights of scumbags, costs the taxpayer money and makes the lawyers an extra few quid, and don’t get me started on the swathe of looney liberals who I’ve heard trying to defend this case this morning already, to a man (sorry, person), they are as clueless as a monkey in charge of a submarine!

Perhaps there does need to be some system in place to safeguard human rights, but equally I think it’s time we added a caveat to the act which states that if you’re not going to play by societies rules then you can’t expect those rules to protect you if you act like such a spectacular douche bag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment