Opening rant

Hello there......

I find myself increasingly frustrated by the stupidity around me day in and day out and so I have decided to add my little corner of spleen venting to the web.

It'll be a bit sweary from time to time so if you are of the shrinking violet persuasion then best give it a miss, it's also (probably) going to rip into a lot of things which are currently (and to me at least, unfathomably) popular, so if you like popular telly or 'celebs' who need their ego stroked to validate themselves, or just good ole fashioned arseholes......best give it a miss!

Do you have to agree with me......no, do I care if you hate what you read here......no, don't like it? Don't read it, last time I checked we still have freedom of choice, so exercise yours if you feel the need. Mercifully I don't require validation, chip in if you have something useful to add, otherwise go forth, I'm just here to vent, it makes me smile and you may get a giggle out of it too.

Oh......and if you've found your way here from our website but closed that window, then click here to get back there (if you want to that is, it's not compulsory).

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Can I get a 'Told you so'?

Union boss voted 'man with the most punchable face' for the last 5 yeas running, Bob Crowe is at it again. Now to be fair (and that really sticks in my throat where Mr Crowe is concerned), Network Rail have already pulled this stunt. but it appears that the RMT are now trying to blag a deal to ensure that the they won't take strike action during the Olympics......

They want an extra £3.50 an hour for staff covering the games, and a pay deal of a 10% rise over two years and a promise of no sackings during the games.


What fucking planet are these people on? Currently I'm unemployed, made redundant at the end of January, I was an IT and Facilities Manager and also attended roughly 25 medical conferences in the UK and Europe each year, I probably did a shit load more than most tube drivers, I spent an awful lot of time on the road and away from friends and family and got paid a shit load less than a driver's salary for my trouble. (That's not a plea for sympathy, I enjoyed my job and would still be happily doing it now if the hammer had not fallen).


My point is that people in this country are losing their jobs daily, I personally know 4 in the last week an a half, and this twat is trying to have London Underground over a barrel using the Olympics as leverage. It's about time somebody at LU 'manned up', and told these union idiots (who almost to a man still seem to think it's the 1970's), to take a vacation where the sun doesn't shine. The labour force want to take strike action......let them, it might be worth pointing out what the current unemployment figure is as they head out the door, then suggest that it might be best if they didn't come back. The capital is full of unemployed people who would be happy to replace them......I know where they can find 5 immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment